Thursday, May 26, 2005

At the Photocopy Shop

Was at the photocopy shop this afternoon to make a copy of the Brahms Horn Trio which I'm supposed to play for an up-coming concert.

Me: Auntie ah, can photocopy this book? Very short, only 40 pages.
Auntie: Aiyah I very busy, can leave here come back tomorrow?
Me: Er... how about I photocopy myself? You just show me how to do double-sided and I think I can manage.
Auntie: Ok lor.

I proceed to make the copies myself, on a pleasantly hi-tech machine - I didn't even have to flip to get double sided.

After I was done,

Me: Auntie can help me bind?
Auntie: Can, but can you teach my son this maths problem?
Me: Can, but got discount or not? Tuition must pay one you know.

After some cheery pleasantries, I proceeded to try to help explain how to solve the problems. Typical primary school math questions, "Six years ago, A's age was 4 times of B, and the sum of their current ages is 52, blah blah" . The kid wasn't too interested so I ended up teaching his mum and aunt in mix of English and Mandarin (wow!). Luckily for me, I had had experience solving problems via model drawing from teaching my brother just a few years back, so could still hack up some decently logical explanation. I kinda like teaching actually, explaining ideas to people and seeing the glint in their eyes when they start understanding what's going on is quite fun.

But after all that trouble (I mean, I did do the photocopying myself), still no discount. Quite cheap though, only $3.20. Man I should pirate these things more frequently. The original's probably like 15 times of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home