Things to do before the Commission Interview
1) Speak slower, don't stop sentences mid-way and restart.
2) Read pile of material lying on desk
3) Find out how to give convincing answers for:
- The engineering, non-engineering question
- What did you like / dislike about the US
- Describe how you overcame some great difficulty
- Which specific field (of whatever) are you interested in
Just got back from the SID interview, which wasn't tough as they didn't ask very difficult questions. I really have to be more prepared for these things, especially with the biggie coming up next Wednesday.
Found out that it is really difficult to explain technical stuff despite having mentally prepared to talk about my iSecurity paper. Kept stumbling and fumbling about. Makes me bloody worried about talking about current affairs, which I have even less background in.
Am very enthused about Yvonne's music outreach idea, but not being a real music expert, I'm a bit worried about misinforming the public with my biased views (like Beethoven being boring and Bach being a dude) :). I don't think people other than close friends would like to see a music geek rave about how wonderful certain things are. I have mentioned to Ju Dee once that perhaps we should start small within a group of friends first to see how things work out before venturing out. There's nothing worse than raving in front of a group of people who are unmoved by what you're talking about.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home