Saturday, July 31, 2004

Very Punny

Was describing to a campmate how to get to the McDonald's at East Coast Park, where we had our life run today:

Me: So you get off at the bus stop after Tao Nan School..
S: Oh yeah I remember now that school... the students there must be very stressed.
Me: Why so?
S: Otherwise why would they name the school 逃难?

Incidentally, I was from Tao Nan, and that's 道南学校, just in case you were wondering.

Have been selected to run competitively for the Army Half Marathon in September, which means intensive training till then. Feeling quite upbeat about the challenge, especially since 21km would be longest I've ever run. Also, I think the centralised intensive training means I get to book out regularly to train and maybe even get to stay out on weekdays! Happiness. Was quite happy to come in with a decent timing for 10km today at East Coast Park, 48:23. The weather was good and I think I could have gone faster in the middle stretch. We'll see how things go as the training progresses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home