Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Classical Mp3s

Spent a good part of the day setting up my ftp server, cleaning up my mp3s and moving the bulk of them from my laptop to my desktop, which hosts the ftp server. Hopefully this will greatly facilitate file transfer to people who are interested.

I do have a rather large classical mp3 collection, thanks to spending an inordinate amount of time mp3 shopping on Napster, when it was still alive. Some how, none of the other file sharing programs have made it compared to Napster, at least for the music I'm interested in.

Music piracy you say? Well in a way yes, but I do try make it a point to purchase the recordings I really like, but I think my appetite for music listening greatly suppasses my finances, so ah well what to do?

In any case, it is rather difficult to find classical music for free on the web any more. Naxos used to put their entire collection on streaming, but they recently shut down that service. Not happy with just the 1 minute clips on Amazon, I decided to google around to see what I could find. Well, what came up was Classic Cat, which is hardly comprehensive. But it did point to a couple of fairly decent sites with music available for download: Elena Kuschnerova, and Mei-Ting Sun.

But still, largely disappointing. I await the next big killer file sharing app.

3 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger bean said...

Have you tried shareaza? It can access the gnutella, gnutella2 and edonkey networks. It's also open sourced now. linkI got ode 2 joy from there, heh. They played it at the end of gunslinger girl.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger tucque said...

Sorry to hear that you're having tough times man. Believe me, my good days are coming to an end soon. Real soon. Then I'll go back to being a real NS boy.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger bean said...

Justin is blogging really a forbidden fruit for you? After all you are here reading DY's blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home