Wednesday, June 22, 2005

ORD LOH!!!!!

And so it's finally over.

And like most supposedly momentous events in life, the actual act of ORDing was expectedly low-key. No overwhelming feelings of euphoria or nostalgia.

The journey to camp to get my IC was a totally different matter though.

In my hurry to get out of the house nice and early today, I forgot to bring, of all things, my clearance and FFI form. And I only realised this a couple of bus stops away from camp. And mind you, I live in Marine Parade, while my camp's across the road from Tengah Airbase. Yes that one that's in the bloody tengah of no where. (translator's note: tengah is malay for middle)

Anyway, seething and fuming at my own stupidity, I made my way back home. Fortunately my mum was on her way out to town so that saved me the bus journey from the MRT station back home. However, I spent a total of 4.5 hours travelling to camp. Talk about working hard for your pink IC.

Interestingly enough, I discovered that there is a limit to how long you can spend in a train station, a limit in which overstepping results in a $2 admin fee. And because I took the train from Boon Lay to Bedok and back to Chua Chu Kang without stepping out through the gates, I naturally ran over the time limit. Serendipitously, I was only charged $2 plus the fare from Boon Lay to Chua Chu Kang. The only good thing that happened in the morning.

Ah well, whatever the case, I shall repeat, once more with feeling,
ORD LOH!
You can't quite say that without a smile on your face, can you? :)

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Congrats! So when do you start work proper?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home