Noteworthy! 05
Played the 3rd and 4th movements of the Brahms Horn trio at Noteworthy! 05 last Saturday - a concert organised yearly for the RJC chamber orchestra and MEP alumni. Well I belonged to neither, but just as back in the old RJ days, I couldn't help but join in the fun :). This year, I had the good fortune of playing with 2 excellent musicians, who were incredibly good-natured and fun to perform with.
Anyway, I'm reminded again how much fun playing chamber music can be, especially with musicians of similar temperament and competence levels. Am still quite intent on getting a permanent chamber music group going, which meets regularly just to play pieces for fun. It would be fabulous if the group was big enough so that people could just get together and pick up any random chamber work just to jam. It's something that's really meaningful, but I don't see happening very much here. I think it'd be great not just for closet musicians like me, who love to play but aren't pro, but even the career musicians, especially since most end up holed up practising the solo repertoire alone for hours and hours.

1 Comments:
Blog your Elvis pictures! El-vis! El-v is! El-vis!
Post a Comment
<< Home